Friday, April 11, 2008

bits and pieces of Friday...



A few things on the table for today. First off, finishing what I started yesterday. "April Showers" and "Honey". Also I have a stack of vintage frames I need to clean up and enamel. I'm thinking I'll frame some of the smaller pieces for my next shop update. I like the idea of selling them framed, that way they are ready to be hung as soon as you open them. Instant gratification. Then again, I don't want to someone to pass on the painting because they don't care for the frame. What do you think? Then it's on to emails, sourcing paper, more sketching, and perhaps a wee break , somewhere in there, for a bit of chocolate. ( The girls are with Grandma today, so it wouldn't be a complete day of do-whatever-I-want indulgence without some chocolate!) Finally, the lovely folks at Indiefixx wrote a sweet little post about my art, which is really making my day rock! Thank you very very much Jen, for the heads up. Happy Friday :)

7 comments:

tascha said...

I am really digging the frame with the oval opening!
I think it could really add to a painting.

rawvolta said...

WOW! Love the frames! Are they really vintage or just styled this way? ;-) awesome!
I read YOU at SuziBlu...;-).
Isn't funny that we all MEET somewhere on the on-line map?!;-)
many hugs!

Ms Dragonfly said...

so beautiful! well you could offer them with or without the frame so everyone is happy!

reclaimingmisshavisham said...

I'm going to need some more information as to how I am going to get those frames out of that picture and into my possession. Seriously. I need them.

Diane Duda said...

I don't know who wouldn't love those frames, Lindsay! They are gorgeous!

xo
di

LINDSAY said...

Hi all- thanks for your comments.
About the frames... Most of these had old pictures in them so I'm assuming they are older. They are made of plaster or something. Most of them had really old paper or leather backings. My mother-in-law in an estate sale pro, and she's collected these for me on her trips. They're quite dusty and the gold in most cases is a bit much for me, so I've been coating them with white enamel.

Abby Creek Art said...

Hi Lindsay...I always love your finished work...but even your simple pencil drawings are amazing! There's something so precious about those.

Related Posts with Thumbnails