Sunday, November 25, 2007

A girl and her goose...


"The Goose That Laid A Golden Egg"
I always loved that story as a child. An endless supply of golden eggs, wouldn't that be nice. Then, I believe I decided, that if it were my fairytale, I would crack open the eggs and they would be filled with candy. I had a little ducky pez dispenser once, but I think that's as close as I came to living that dream.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving break, despite two girls with a stomach virus. Rylee on Wednesday, Ava on Thursday. Our car ride was a little messy, there was lots of laundry involved, if you have kids, you know the rest of the story...it gets pretty icky...

Thursday I'm having my wisdom teeth removed (I have 5)...something I've been putting off since I had my braces removed about 10 years ago. I'm dreading it big time. It's not the pain that bothers me, it's the anesthesia. I'm looking forward to the recovery though. It's not often I get to just lay in bed all day, heavily medicated, no less. I'm trying to look at it as a mini vacation...there has to be something wrong with that.


11 comments:

Diane Duda said...

Love the goose girl, Lindsay!
I just chickened out at the last minute on the wisdom teeth thing. Good luck with all that. :)

CAn I ask if where you get your prints made? I want to start selling some in my shop, but am not sure where to start.

Thanks,
Di

NANCY LEFKO said...

Lovely art....and I can understand your feeling about the dental procedure....I look forward to going to the dentist because it is the one time I get to lay back in the middle of the day, do nothing and no one needs me to do anything or get them anything....how sad. :) Good luck with the dental stuff....

LuLu said...

Your goose painting is very pretty, Lindsay! Well, I have another take about getting wisdom teeth pulled out. I went through this 2 years ago, had 4 removed in two different sittings, the two upper, than the two lower, but I did not need to get anesthesied (right spelling?), my dentist just numbed the area with the right stuff, said "oh, look at the nice birdie in the window" and pulled. NO PAIN AT ALL, NOT EVEN AFTERWARDS... But again, no anesthesia, no recovery needed, so no vacation day...Have a great day! LuLu

kecia said...

she's beautiful! good luck with your teeth. expect some mild bruising and drink some chocolate shakes!(and maybe chipmunk cheeks). really proud of you - you are doing so great selling your work!

Judy said...

Hwy Lindsay - did you have to shave the goose all over before painting it - lmao!!!!!!!!!! You are sooooooo cute!
xoxoxo

Ro Bruhn said...

Lovely painting, I love the look of anticipation on the gooses face.
My daughter has just had her wisdom teeth out, she was out shopping the next day.
Good luck
Ro
xo

yours truly said...

The girl and her goose are so sweet, as is all of your work. Best of luck on the wisdom teeth tomorrow. I had two of my pulled last year and it was a snap ... as in ... quick and easy.

Susan Tuttle said...

This is a gorgeous piece Lindsay! You have such a unique style--I love it!

Susan
xo

Abby Creek Art said...

Love the girl and the goose, Lindsay.

And ah yes, the 'ol wisdom teeth. I remember that well. Just think though what a good excuse it will be to have milkshakes!

Amanda Edwards said...

found your blog thru suziblu. lovely paintings! good luck with the teeth.

tongue in cheek said...

Your art is very enchanting. The softness of their expressions, the hope in their eyes...lovley.

Good Luck with your wisdom teeth. I put my off for years, I had them pulled all four at once...it was painless.

I wish I had done it sooner instead of worrying about it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails